Pathway to Fundraising Excellence
Register your interest in Pathway to Fundraising Excellence
2019 dates to be announced: Introduction to Theory and Practice
2019 dates to be announced: Strategy and Planning
and you will benefit from :
- a uniquely New Zealand based fundraising training course
- a pathway to CFRE, initial certification or recertification
- a professional development opportunity to build collegial networks with like-minded colleagues
- an opportunity for fresh thinking about your fundraising practices
- genuine learning with local case studies
- upskilling to learn how to raise sustainable philanthropic income
Course objectives include achieving a sustainable fundraising plan for your organisation, and advancing your career in fundraising.
Pathway to Fundraising Excellence is a locally-designed sector training course, and a forerunner and pathway to the internationally recognised qualification CFRE (which requires the completion of a certain number of educational credits for achievement).
The two part, four day workshop is being offered by Foresee Communications Ltd, a leading fundraising training organisation with 25 years experience in training all levels of fundraisers, in all types of fundraising. Each of the two day, face-to-face workshops will allow time for networking, sharing and questioning. Participants can enrol for either part independently, although part two is designed for a more senior fundraiser.
Course Designer and Presenters
Lead presenter and director of Foresee Communications, Heather Newell, MComms, CFRE, FFINZ, has been associated with the delivery and assessment of professional fundraising courses (including the New Zealandising of content originally written for the Australian market) for the last four years. Heather has now designed this specific course for the New Zealand environment with up to date, relevant, case studies; local resources; and best practice international references.
Stephanie Maitland,CFRE, FFINZ, Auckland presenter, is a highly skilled fundraiser with years of experience. Stephanie is a CFRE ambassador, and is well known in Auckland for her active participation in all aspects of fundraising including for her voluntary contribution to the promotion of the fundraising sector.
Pathway to Fundraising Excellence has been expressly designed for the New Zealand context with a focus on:
- The ethics, philosophy and purpose of sustainable fundraising
- Relevant legislative issues regarding fundraising
- Relationship fundraising put into practice
- The role of boards, management, staff and volunteers in fundraising
- Creating a fundraising strategy which contributes to the organisation's overall strategy
- The elements and tools of a fundraising plan
- Evaluating and reporting fundraising activities
- Management of a fundraising team
Who should attend?
On completing the two, two-day workshops, alumni will have confidence to manage a wide variety of fundraising tools to build relationships with loyal donors and develop strategies for their charity organisations. The workshops will be suitable for entry level fundraisers wishing to develop their career path through to marketing and communication executives wishing to understand more about fundraising theory, tools and techniques. Senior fundraisers will cement their existing knowledge with new case studies, prepare themselves for the CFRE accreditation, develop fresh thinking about their fundraising strategies and network with like-minded colleagues.
Participants can attend either of the two-day workshops as stand-alone courses or attend both.
Previous participants said " an eye opener", " made me realise how little I know about fundraising", "very happy to refer someone", All participants reported an increased confidence in their fundraising knowledge and ability.
[i] Information correct as at July 2018)